Thursday, 7 May 2009

The script - Scene 1

Okay so this is scene 1 of The Singing Princess, Enjoy ^^:

Scene 1

In the witch’s house, the witch is prancing around the room while her fairy slaves are chasing her around, trying to do her hair for her.

[Song- witch sings about her voice]

Witch: (Sits down on her chair infront of the mirror, and starts admiring herself) Don’t I just have the most beautiful voice?

Fairy Pixie: (Admiring the witch in the mirror) Of course you do!

Fairy Nixie: (Distracted- continues on trying to do the witch’s hair but is having some difficulty) Yes, my lady, of course. Will you please keep your head still?

Witch: The best voice in the entire world! (Evil laugh)

Fairy Pixie: Why of course, the most beautiful voice in all the land could only be that of yours.

Fairy Nixie: (Distracted) Mmmm… Maybe. Goodness! There’s a spider in your hair!

Witch: (whips around to face Fairy Nixie, shoving Pixie out of the way) What do you mean by ‘maybe’?

Fairy Pixie: (glares evilly at Nixie) How could you doubt the beauty of our mistresses voice?

Fairy Nixie: (Looks nervous, take a few steps back from the Witch) Oh, well I didn’t mean to doubt… I don’t doubt. But it’s just that… I’ve heard… rumours…

Witch: (Stands up and steps towards Fairy Nixie) What rumours?

Fairy Pixie: (imitates witch) Yeah, what rumours?

Fairy Nixie: (Continues to step backwards until hits the wall. Nervous- looks from left to right and right to left for escape) Well… I’ve heard (emphasise on heard) that in the land of Honah Lee, the Princess Latanya has the voice of an angel, the most beautiful voice in the world.

Witch: WHAT?! (Fairy winces and shrinks back as Witch screech in her face, pace around the room) This cannot be! I have the most beautiful voice in the world. Not her. I must have the most beautiful voice in the whole world.

Fairy Pixie: Well, we could put a frog in her throat. (looks for approval)

Witch: (glares at Pixie) What a pathetic idea. Wasn’t that in Baywatch the other day?

Fairy Nixie: There’s nothing you can do… unless you, oh I don’t know… steal her voice? (nervous giggle, laughs at own silly idea)

Witch: (Suddenly turns to Fairy Nixie, cutting her sentence off and smiles brightly) Yes! Of course! Why did I not think of it before?! That’s what we’ll do! We’ll steal her voice. (Rub hands together in an evil way)

Fairy Nixie: I was only jo…

Witch: (checks herself in the mirror) You must capture her immediately.

Fairy Nixie: Me?!

Fairy Pixie: Her?

Witch: (irritably) Yes, her! Who else? You? You mucked up the last time! I asked you to kidnap the Queen of England, but you end up giving me the Duke of Edinburgh. (into a shout) The Duke of bloody Edinburgh?

Fairy Pixie: (wincing, mumbles) Yes, mistress.

(The Witch sweeps out of the room and slams the door behind her)


Will upload the other scenes soon


Cissyx

No comments:

Post a Comment